We all have bad days, that’s just something every single one of us has to go through and whether you have the occasional off days or pretty much every day is a bad day it’s super hard not to let it overpower you. Lately I’ve been feeling pretty down in the dumps and I’ve been struggling to stop it from affecting my daily life (which is never a good idea, trust me), depression is a bitch but instead of letting it take my life downhill like I used to I’m trying my hardest to just carry on. So whether you’re depressed or generally just having an off day, here are 5 things you should remind yourself daily.
1. It’s okay to make mistakes. Every goddamn person on this earth makes mistakes that they are embarrassed about or regret and what’s the point? I have made my fair few and instead of wanting to curl up in a ball thinking about them you just gotta learn from them. If we never made mistakes how would we ever learn?
2. It’s okay to feel sad. I always feel guilty about feeling sad, I get scared to tell my friends because I know they’ll just tell me to “cheer up” (and let’s be real, when does that ever make anyone feel better?). You should never feel bad about how you feel, no one can tell you if your emotions are wrong or right and if something is bringing you down you have every right to feel like that.
3. Nothing happens overnight. I am hands down one of the most impatient people ever, I hate waiting and I want things straight away but that’s only an idealistic world. Whether you want something as small as to buy maybe a TV, or you want to move away or start your own business or whatever it is you want, it is going to take time. Sucks I know.
4. You’re not as worthless as you think you may be. I struggle with this one the most, in my head I think I’m the worst most useless human being ever and the hatred is real, but you (and me) need to remind ourselves that we’re not actually that bad and other people don’t see us the way we see ourselves (well I really hope hah)
5. Don’t let anyone tell you your dreams are too big. You want to be a singer? An actress? A writer? Go for it. Don’t let your friends or your family or anyone else dare tell you that’s impossible. Okay yeah the chances aren’t high but if you don’t go for it then it’s definitely not going to happen. Do whatever you need to do to get there, just make sure you have a backup but don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it.
What are some things you make sure to remind yourself of daily? I was meant to include 10 things but I felt like it’d be too long so I’ll probably do a part 2 at some point if anyone’s interested. I’m less than 10 followers away from 1.5k on bloglovin so if you’re interested go follow me HERE, I will love you forever.